If you’ve never seen donuts cooked, then it may come as a surprise that are technically a fried food. After the “dough” that gives these treats their name is cooked and the shape formed, donuts are almost always fried in a vat of oil. If you thought the liberal dose of sugary flavors that adorn most donuts wasn’t unhealthy enough, now you’re eating something deep-fried on top of that. It makes sense then that some folks will still want to enjoy donuts, but find a healthier way to cook them. If this is the case for you, then a Power Air Fryer may be exactly what you’re looking for. These appliances use super-heated air that’s circulated at high speeds to brown and crisp the items inside. While you can use a Power Air Fryer to cook French fries or onion rings in a much healthier way, owners of this convenient appliance can also make donuts at home with it! Below, you’ll find a recipe for these treats that doesn’t require the use of artery-clogging vegetable oil.
– 0.5 ounce of yeast
– 0.5 cup of non-fat milk
– 1 large egg
– 0.5 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
– 2.5 cups of white flour
– 0.5 teaspoon of nutmeg
– 0.5 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1/3 cup of sugar
– 1 cup sugar
– 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons of milk
– 1 egg yolk
- In a mixer, add the yeast, one-third cup of sugar and half-cup milk. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl except for the milk and egg yolk.
- Add one egg to the mixer with all the dry ingredients and mix until it forms a ball.
- Set aside and let double in size. When the dough is ready, place on the counter and roll out to 1 inch thickness.
- With round cutters, make doughnuts. Place in the basket of your air fryer appliance.
- Mix egg yolk and 2 tablespoons of milk to make egg wash.
- Brush the doughnuts with egg wash. Place the basket into your air fryer.
- Press the “M” button. Scroll to the “Bake” icon and adjust cooking time to 16 minutes at 310 degrees.
- Turn the doughnuts over half-way into cooking.
- Mix half-cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. While doughnuts are still warm, dip into mixture.