Children can be the pickiest of eaters. What they loved last week doesn’t hold true today and unfortunately for you, you’ve stocked up on said item that your children now won’t touch. It’s a costly error that you can avoid by recognizing what kids like and keeping a health-conscious approach in mind. To address the former, kids like finger foods. That’s an indisputable fact: Take a look at the kid’s menu section at any restaurant and you’ll see a healthy dose of dishes that don’t require a fork and knife. As for the latter health concern, it’s your job to make sure that your children aren’t eating junk food all day long. In that same vein, we know that just about everyone enjoys fried food — but realizes how unhealthy it is.
For situations such as this, we suggest the purchase of a power air fryer to get the job done. These appliances don’t use fryer oil, as anything drowned in a bath of vegetable oil as a means of cooking is going to carry a considerable amount of calories. Instead, super-heated air is circulated at high speeds to ensure your item comes out crisp and brown. When it’s time to prepare an appetizer or main course that you know your kids will love, a power air fryer offers an unquestionable advantage. With that in mind, we’d like to share a recipe for chicken tenders that’s bound to be their next favorite meal.
– 6 chicken tenders
– 3 large eggs
– 0.5 cup of white flour
– 1 cup of panko
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– 0.5 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil
– 0.5 cup of milk
– Combine panko breadcrumbs with olive oil in a bowl. Combine egg and milk in a bowl.
– Pour flour into a pan or bowl.
– Dip chicken tenders into the flour, then into the egg mixture and finally into the panko mixture. Place breaded tenders into the fry basket of your power air fryer.
– Repeat until done. Place the fry basket into your power air fryer. Press the “M” button. Scroll to the “French Fries” icon. Press the “Power” button and adjust cooking time to 14 minutes at 400 degrees.
– Halfway through cooking, flip the tenders over.
– Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce.